[spambayes-dev] mboxutils.DirOfTxtFileMailbox - broaden its scope?

Skip Montanaro skip at pobox.com
Tue Dec 9 11:17:50 EST 2003

In mboxutils.getmbox it creates a DirOfTxtFileMailbox() object in certain
situations.  Looking at the code, it ignores any hierarchy within the given
directory, and only considers files ending in ".txt" or ".lorien".  Would
anyone object if I broaded this class's mandate to recursively traverse
subdirectories and consider all other files it encounters as message files?
This would (for example), allow you to call

    spambayes.mboxutils("Data/Ham")

in your test directory and walk through all the ham in your training
database.  I've been using this for a month or so with no ill effects,
though I have to admit I have no idea what a ".lorien" file is, so I have no
directories like that to break.  (Also, in the world outside SpamBayes, I
often add ".txt" to files which don't contain email. <wink>)

Skip