[spambayes-dev] Testing the binary installer (Was More CVSbranch/tags questions)

Kenny Pitt kennypitt at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 4 11:11:33 EST 2003

Tony Meyer wrote:
> [me, just now]
>> Building the installer seems ok, but I get these errors:
>>
>> Traceback (most recent call last):
>>   File "pop3proxy_tray.py", line 407, in _ProxyThread
>>   File "sb_server.pyc", line 869, in start
>>   File "sb_server.pyc", line 847, in main
>>   File "spambayes\ProxyUI.pyc", line 156, in __init__
>>   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 254, in __init__
>>   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 122, in __init__
>>   File "spambayes\UserInterface.pyc", line 240, in readUIResources
>>   File "spambayes\resources\__init__.pyc", line 30, in ?
>>   File "resourcepackage\package.pyc", line 100, in scan
>> WindowsError: [Errno 3] The system cannot find the path specified:
>> 'C:\\Program
> Files\\SpamBayes\\lib\\spambayes.zip\\spambayes\\resources/*.*'
>
> I figured this one out (and probably why Kenny and Mark don't see
> it).  This happens if you have the resourcepackage __init__.py in the
> spambayes/resources directory (which is necessary to get the files in
> there to automatically update).  Resource package isn't able to find
> the files inside the zip (and even if it could, would have to alter
> the zip to change the files).

I just checked and the last binary I built was done with the
resourcepackage __init__.py still in place, yet I don't get the error.
I think you are probably still correct on the problem, though.  There is
a good chance that I ran from source at least once since I last modified
any of the resources, so the .py files would have gotten updated then.
Would that cause resourcepackage to not try to regenerate?  Try running
from source first and then rebuilding the binary to see if you still get
the error.

> The easy solution is to just have the cvs __init__.py; the correct
> solution is probably to add something in that stops the check if
> we're frozen.  Does that sound right to you, Richie?

This definitely should be done for a release version.

--
Kenny Pitt