[spambayes-dev] Dialog Hacking

Meyer, Tony T.A.Meyer at massey.ac.nz
Fri Aug 15 15:31:17 EDT 2003

> > Not sure about "logos" - maybe a name more general purpose - but we
> > already have the "website" directory, so I can't see, eg, documents
> > ever living here, so I am back to "logos" :)
>
> Here's some options...
[...]
> *resources (we already have spambayes/spambayes/resources and
> spambayes/outlook2000/dialogs/resources)
> *use the pre-existing contrib directory

If this is something that the others apps (like the web UI) will use,
then I think putting them in spambayes/spambayes/resources makes sense -
that's where the existing (non-Outlook) ones are.  Anything that's
*only* for Outlook can go in spambayes/Outlook2000/dialogs/resources.
Resources includes all the files that are neither Python scripts nor
text files (html and images, at the moment).  It has both the 'raw'
format (eg jpg) and the format used by the interface (.py via
resourcepackage).

Since the plugin already uses modules from spambayes/spambayes, also
getting stuff from sp/sp/resources doesn't seem like a big deal.

The contrib directory is more for 'optional extra' type things, I think
(like Skip's n-way, and the procmail recipe), rather than required
resources like the logo.

=Tony Meyer