[spambayes-dev] What do you make of this spam?

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Thu Aug 7 13:31:09 EDT 2003

> What is up with this message?  I get a fair number of them
> (just killed
> three or four) and SB nails them quite well, as you can see.  I don't
> understand the motive for sending it though.  Is it just a
> "ping" message to
> see if the email address is valid?

Yeah - maybe just to collect the replies.  Sometimes when a new Klez like
worm hits, people get virus attachments from my email address (but not from
me :)  I am amazed at how many people reply with "I had trouble opening it -
please resend it".  These are people who would have absolutely no clue who I
am, and they don't enquire, nor ask what it was I was sending them.

Mark.