[Spambayes-announce] Outlook binary 004 available

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Mon Jul 21 17:37:45 EDT 2003

Hi all,
  I have just released a new Outlook binary from my starship page
(http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/spambayes).  This new version has
fixed some of the simpler bugs discovered in the 003 release.  In
particular, I am hoping that a number of registration errors will be fixed,
and there are a couple of hidden options I can use to help track down the
bugs that still confuse me.

The significant changes:
    * Once a Spam or Possible Spam folder had been nominated, it was
impossible to change.
    * IMAP should filter correctly.
    * Few installation errors fixed.
    * data_directory can now be a directory with non-ascii characters, and
with spaces in the filename.
    * Non-mail items (such as non-delivery reports, meeting requests) should
not be filtered.
    * Toolbar should be initialized even when Outlook Today is the default
view.
    * Attempting to use Delete as Spam or Recover from Ham before SpamBayes
is configured will display a message rather than silently do nothing.
    * We check that Outlook is actually installed before installing.

Please let me know if there are any problems...

Mark.