[Soc2015-general] Blog Post Schedule

Florian Fuchs flo.fuchs at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 19:07:27 CEST 2015

Hello PSF GSoC students!

I'm Florian, one of your PSF org admins. I hope you are enjoying GSoC so
far! The community bonding period is officially over, so it's about time
to present to you our blogging schedule.

While we encourage you to post updates on your blog as often as you
like, the dates listed below are mandatory. There are no strict
guidelines for these reports, so feel free to use whatever writing style
fits you best.

A short note on code examples: You *can* use code examples, but you
don't have to. But someone reading the reports listed above should be
able to roughly understand what's happening without reading through the
code blocks in detail. So a blog post containing just code with only
some comments in between doesn't count as a full report.

## Friday, June 5 - First report
Community bonding ended last week, coding has officially started. How
did that go for you?

## Friday, June 19 - Progress Report
An overview what you're currently working on, successes, road blocks,
surprises...

## Thursday, July 2 - Mid-Term Summary
You made it through the first half. Take evaluation week to summarize
what you've achieved so far and what your plans and expectations are for
the second term. Please note that the deadline for the mid-term summary
is a day before the evaluation deadline.

## Friday, July 24 - Progress Report
Another progress overview: Status, road blocks etc.

## Friday, August 7 - Progress Report
Yet another progress overview. The coding period is now almost over.

## Monday, August 24 - Final Project Report
The pencils down date has passed. Time to write a final report on your
project and your general GSoC experience.

If you have any questions, feel free to email me or ping me on IRC
(florianf @ freenode.net).

Best wishes and happy writing!
Florian