[Soap-Python] pysimplesoap and windows sql server

brian herman bherman at uniqueinsuranceco.com
Fri Jun 5 17:39:53 CEST 2015

I have a python application that uses pysimplesoap to send a soap
request to windows.
The problem is the password field is not encoded in UTF-8 it may use
Windows-1252?
Python Code
https://gist.github.com/brianherman/209af7751444ec308e1b
Visual Basic Sample code (how to encode the password field in visual basic)
https://gist.github.com/brianherman/b4174b99be9000fcc4f8
They use visual basic to encode the password which works. The problem is
reproducing this in python
This is the encoded password in the database (microsoft sql server):

I have tried using the md5 package in python but I can't seem to get the
encoding right.

--

Brian Herman
IT Department

Unique Insurance Company <https://www.uniqueinsuranceco.com>

We value your input, please click here to provide feedback on Unique
Insurance. <http://www.reputation.com/kiosk?key=d41c9b57f18>