[Soap-Python] Extending simple types in pysimplesoap

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Wed Apr 29 05:18:26 CEST 2015

On 04/24/15 17:57, Chris Beck wrote:
> Hi Burak,
>
> Is this work that you are doing to expnd on the implementation the
> wsdl parser for the 0.12 Spyne release
> (http://spyne.io/docs/2.11/faq.html#how-do-i-implement-a-predefined-wsdl)?

Yes.

> So if you use the Suds methodology, which *doesn't* have the problem
> of extending simple types, and limit the recursion depth it might get
> the best of both worlds.

Spyne imports everyting exactly once using correct order given your
starting point. So I didn't see any need for a recursion limit. If you
later use the types from the schema to implement services, your wsdl
document only has what you use.

I don't know how suds does it, but I do know that, having briefly worked
on what became 0.4, it's not exactly a joy to work with -- too much
coupling between what should have been different api layers. Spyne
evolved way slower than suds so it doesn't have that problem.

If you implement what's missing (see my previous post) you'll be able to
use Spyne's schema parser.

On 04/28/15 17:54, Chris Beck wrote:
> Burak - is it still to be hoped that Spyne will consider its wsdl
> parser mature enough to be approved for general automated use in 0.12?

There's no WSDL parser in Spyne yet. However, once the schema parsing is
done, wsdl parsing doesn't seem to be much of a problem.

Best,
Burak