[Soap-Python] suds without internet access[help]

Lupin Deterd lupindeterd at gmail.com
Wed May 28 06:56:00 CEST 2014

Hi list,

Good day.

  I'm using suds for accessing SOAP server but it's failling. Same with
this issue unfortunately the suggested work-around isn't working. suds
failed without internet
access<https://mail.python.org/pipermail/soap/2011-May/000453.html>

The problem with suds is that it tries to download from the internet
XMLSchema.xsd without success:

DEBUG:suds.xsd.sxbasic:Import:0xb7808a6cL, importing
ns="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema",
location="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd"
DEBUG:suds.transport.http:opening
(http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd)Traceback (most recent call
last):.....
urllib2.URLError: <urlopen error timed out>

I am not a full time developer, so my question are:

-> Why does a library like that need to reference an online link?
-> Is there any work-around for this that will work without this suds
client access to internet?

Thanks in advance,
Lupin