[Soap-Python] Problem with spyne 2.9.3 and lxml 3.1.0

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Wed Feb 27 11:53:54 CET 2013

On 02/27/13 12:46, azurIt wrote:
>> CC: soap at python.org
>> On 02/27/13 12:30, azurIt wrote:
>>> Hm, strange, works also here on 2.6.6 (tried both 32bit and 64bit):
>> Strange indeed. Michael or Azur, if the below test case is not working
>> for you, could you help me in isolating what was failing before and how
>> *actually* my patch fixes it?
> yes, i will help you but what exaclty do you need? i can still reproduce the problem on most of the servers (didn't patch them yet) on python 2.6.6 (32bit and 64bit).

well, my stepping through the validation code showed me that
Decimal('inf') > 6000.0  == False. The patch is to have float('inf') for
Float and Double types because float('inf') > 6000.0 == True and
type(6000.0) is float anyway.

When Decimal('inf') > 6000.0 == false, the validate_native() calls
retuns False, which in turn causes the ValidationError to be raised.

What happens in your case? Why does the validation function return false?

Thanks,
Burak