[Soap-Python] Hi . WSSE question

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Wed Nov 21 01:01:18 CET 2012

On 11/21/12 00:45, Dariusz Suchojad wrote:
> Burak Arslan wrote:
>> Spyne has no WSSE Support. Maybe we should integrate sec-wall into Spyne
>> so that they integrate via method calls instead of tcp sockets. How easy
>> would that be?
>
> Hm, not sure really how much much work it is because I've never used
> Spyne. sec-wall's WSSE feature is abstracted out into a separate
> module so it can be re-used outside the project.

Well, It's easy to take over after Spyne parses the Xml string into an
element tree. (you should not use vanilla parser in etree.fromstring
because comments in SOAP messages would get in your way)

You can just add a 'method_call' event to a ServiceBase subclass (let's
call it WsseServiceBase) and make WSSE validation/decryption there, just
like you do it in the example you sent me.

You can do the reverse operation in a method_return_document event.

The new ServiceBase subclass does not have to be in Spyne repo, so I
don't think there'd be a need for a license change. Otherwise, just send
a pull request and we can talk there.

Best,
Burak