[Soap-Python] How to interact with SOAP service from client perspective ?

Lukasz Szybalski szybalski at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 22:07:48 CEST 2012

Hello Burak / SOAP Mailing list.

I finally found couple links to the posts on this mailing list talking
about rpclib being able to support soap, how it should remove headake from
using soap in python and that it got renamed to spyne. This is exciting
news for me as I was not able to get soap service working for me neither
via old soaplib nor ZSI.

Is there an example on how to use a soap client service? In past I have
done the following below, so I'm trying to find what is an equivalent of it
in rpclib/spyne?

I found your documentation here:
http://arskom.github.com/rpclib/manual/helloworld.html  but there isn't a
simple example of soap client there.. Could you give me some pointers on
how I can accomplish below. (Note: the google api doesn't exist any more
and I couldn't find a replacement url for my example)

#-----simple example on how to use soap web service that already did
...-----
url='http://api.google.com/GoogleSearch.wsdl'

from ZSI.ServiceProxy import ServiceProxy as sp
s=sp(url)

#To Enable traceback uncomment below
#import sys
#s=sp(url,tracefile=sys.stdout)

dir(s)
#Above will print a list the methods, and other functions you have available
#Below will print available methods and their names:
from ZSI.schema import GED
print s._methods.keys()

http://lucasmanual.com/mywiki/SOAP

FYI. Maybe too early to get it via PYPI but:

easy_install spyne
Searching for spyne
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/spyne/
Reading http://github.com/arskom/spyne
No local packages or download links found for spyne
error: Could not find suitable distribution for Requirement.parse('spyne')

Thank you,
Lucas