[Soap-Python] Spyne validation error

Alex ralienpp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 21:00:53 CEST 2012

Thanks for the quick reaction, Burak. It works now, but I noticed a side
effect.

I receive the date in %Y-%m-%d format, the previous version I was using -
rpclib, gave me a string.

The new one, spyne, returns a datetime object. There are other parts of the
code that failed because of this. So I adjusted the server such that when
it receives the request, it transforms the birthDate into a string. This
way everything works as it did before.

This implies that the transition from rpclib to spyne is not a simple
matter of replacing every occurrence of 'rpblib' with 'spyne'. In this case
I had to apply a minor tweak.