[Soap-Python] Migrating from 0_8 to 1_0

Devin Venable venable.devin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 17:18:12 CEST 2010

Looking through the trunk, I find a few references to SimpleWSGIApp, but
it's not in the source.

$ grep -R SimpleWSGI .
./examples/hooks.py:from soaplib.wsgi_soap import SimpleWSGIApp
./examples/hooks.py:class HelloWorldService(SimpleWSGIApp):
./doc/source/pages/helloworld.rst:    class
HelloWorldService(SimpleWSGISoapApp):

I thought Application might be the replacement, but the method names are
very different.  What's the upgrade path and what major changes should I
look for when upgrading?

Also, I know that the 0_8 library is in the Debian/Ubuntu repositories.
 Folks like me who have been writing code on the old library would expect a
backwards-compatibility layer when upgrading.  Without one I'm not sure the
package maintainers will upgrade to 1_0.  I'm not sure of this, but just
wanted to raise the issue.

Devin