[Soap-Python] AnyAsDict(String)

Burak Arslan burak.arslan at arskom.com.tr
Wed Oct 13 17:15:25 CEST 2010

 On 10/13/10 17:15, mukkera harsha wrote:
> But, we are converting an XMl file into a dictionary. So where should
> we tell that so and so XML file should be converted into dictionary .
> Where should we give the filename ?

read the file and convert it to xml and later to dict if you want:

xml_string = open('myfile.xml', 'r').read()
xml_etree = etree.fromstring(xml_string)
xml_dict = soaplib.util.etreeconv.rroot_etree_to_dict(xml_etree)

or use the attachment serializer.

http://github.com/arskom/soaplib/blob/1_0/src/soaplib/serializers/binary.py

burak