[Soap-Python] Choice a soap library

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 00:18:43 CEST 2010

Welcome, Chris and Ovnicraft!

I'm under the impression that soaplib is the only Python SOAP server
still actively maintained and developed. At least that is what I read
in the earlier discussion on this mailing list. If you check the
archives you can find a discussion thread called "The Python SOAP
community: past, present, future".

The Python suds library seems very actively maintained for use as a
SOAP client. There has been some talk about deprecating the soaplib
client and asking everyone to move to using suds.

Where I work we use soaplib in production on the server side and the
client side, but we are switching to suds for the client side.