[Soap-Python] Renaming the rpc decorator.

Brad Allen bradallen137 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 17:49:23 CET 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 1:19 AM, Luca Dariz <luca.dariz at unife.it> wrote:
> On 15/12/2010 04:26, Brad Allen wrote:
>>
>> A decorator called "document" is just too generic, non-obvious to
>> anyone who might not understand about the different encoding styles. A
>> "style" keyword parameter to a "soap" decorator seems a lot more clear
>> to me.
>
> I personally agree with having a "style" parameter. I'll also keep "rpc" as
> the default style.

Yes, since rpc encoded style was previously the default for we should
keep it that way. If no "style" keyword param is provided, the soap
decorator should default to rpc encoded.

We'll have some soaplib package level constants for this, and should
think about the right names. How about soaplib.RPC_ENCODED and
soaplib.DOC_LITERAL? Chris tells me that supporting
soaplib.RPC_LITERAL and soaplib.DOC_ENCODED are rarely used and
probably not worth the effort of supporting, so we probably won't add
those constants.