[Soap-Python] Returning an extensible array of key, value pairs from a SOAP service

Michael Wood esiotrot at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 08:16:35 CET 2010

Hi

I'm pretty new to SOAP and soaplib.

Is there a way to have a list of key, value pairs where the values
could be any primitive type, or possibly a structure and return that
from a SOAP service?  So something like a Dict, where I can add to the
entries in the Dict over time without the WSDL changing.  I'm using
the 1.0 branch of soaplib.

I'll need to consume this from a client written in C/C++.

If this is not possible, I'll just stick with a class with predefined
fields and use the ClassSerializer, but it would be nice if I could
avoid the WSDL changing and therefore having to update the client if I
add new fields to the class/dict/whatever.

Thanks.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot at gmail.com>