[Soap-Python] wsdl to python soap bindings

Devin Venable venable.devin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 22:39:45 CEST 2010

I've been playing with soaplib and suds and like them both.  Unfortunately,
suds does not appear to be something I can use as a soap server.

Here's the situation.  I have a rather large and ugly wsdl file that was
sent to me by a 3rd party who was responsible for defining an interface
between our two systems.  I'm trying to find the best library for
implementing the Soap service in Python, probably as a WSDL plugin under
Apache.

The suds approach seems to be define the functions, and the WSDL is
generated for you that describes the interfaces.  I need to go the other
way---take the WSDL and generate python bindings that will be used.

Oh, and I'd like to use the bindings in my soaplib-based server.

Any tips?