[SciPy-User] Conversion to graph adjacency list

elastica at laposte.net elastica at laposte.net
Sat Dec 8 01:25:52 EST 2018

Hi,

Scipy library provides C-implementation for some classical graph algorithms like Kruskal or connected component finding. Nevertheless, there is an efficiency problem: sparse graphs are usually given by list of edges or adjacency list (and not adjacency matrix). And in order to run the Scipy routines, we have to convert our graphs to the compressed SCR format (dense array is not well suited for graph with a lot of vertices, say more than 20,000). And sometimes, after execution we have to convert back. This causes the routine spending most of the execution time in conversion and retro-conversion tasks.

So my question is: does Scipy provide a C-routine for converting and back converting to edge/adjacency list format?