[SciPy-User] ANN: SciPy 1.0 beta release

Joe Harrington jh at physics.ucf.edu
Thu Sep 28 09:44:13 EDT 2017

Ok, I saw the -Wd at the end, but it just requests the default, so how
does this change anything?  If it's just an ipython benefit, say that
it's recommended for ipython users.

Also, remember that for the vast majority of users, they don't install a
new version, they suddenly discover that their system now has one,
through some software update.  Think students and casual users, as
opposed to PhD research scientists experienced in software management.

But, what we really need is more information about what to DO about the
deprecations.  Not, "we pulled the rug out from under you", but "so that
we don't pull the rug out from under you, do this".  And, in a
more-obvious place than the release notes, which most users don't ever
see.

--jh--