[SciPy-User] Working with covariance matrices in toeplitz form?

Ryan J. Kinnear ryan at kinnear.ca
Fri May 13 17:51:45 EDT 2016

Dear list,

I am working with some Gaussian processes.  I'm interested in whether or
not it's possible to pass around covariance matrices simply as vectors,
taking advantage of the Toeplitz structure.  From what I've read, and
what I've gleaned from looking at the source code my impression is that
the answer to this question is negative.

Has anyone done any work on this?  Could this be a potential feature?

Regards,

-Ryan