[SciPy-User] Triangulate point cloud

Vasco Gervasi yellowhat46 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 11 14:23:32 EST 2016

Hi all,
I am looking for a way to traingulate a point cloud, in other words nodes
to triangular.
I tried scipy.spatial.Delaunay and ConvexHull, but for some reason it tends
to connect nodes that are very far away.
At this address you can find a good example of what I am looking for:
https://paste.ee/p/RBank.
As you can see I gave some points around the lateral face of a cylinder,
the problems are
- it connects nodes that are on the opposite side of the cylinder
- if alseo connect nodes that are on the two front face of the cylinder
This is just a simple example, I am trying to triangulate a more complex
point cloud.
So in my opinion the perfect solution would be to define the max distance
between nodes that can be connected.

Best regards