[SciPy-User] ANN: PyMeasure package for instrument control and measurements

Colin Jermain clj72 at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 1 08:47:38 EDT 2016

Hey Scipy users,

I'd like to introduce you to a new scientific package, PyMeasure
<https://github.com/ralph-group/pymeasure>, which we have been working
on at Cornell for performing experimental measurements. The goal of the
project is to help scientists make measurement software quickly and
allow that software to be easy to maintain. You can get up an running
with a full dynamic GUI with live-plotting in less than 150 lines of
code (most of which can be copied from the examples). There are a number
of instruments defined with their SCPI/GPIB commands, so that you can
start using them right out of the box. We've taken advantage of a number
of dependency packages from the Scipy community that make our high-level
approach possible (PyVISA, PySerial, PyQtGraph, PyQt/PySide, etc.). We
would love your feedback and suggestions for improvement. Feel free to
email me, or strike up an issue on GitHub
<https://github.com/ralph-group/pymeasure/issues>.

GitHub: https://github.com/ralph-group/pymeasure
Documentation: http://pymeasure.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

Regards,