[SciPy-User] Opportunity to contribute: 'pip upgrade'

Daπid davidmenhur at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 08:22:13 EDT 2015

On 19 October 2015 at 13:58, Neal Becker <ndbecker2 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Perhaps related,
> I am running linux/fedora.  My vendor (Fedora) provides may python
> packages,
> but they aren't always the latest.  I find the most convenient approach is
> to use:
> pip install foo --user

I install everything into a virtualenv and ignore system's Python. This way
I have much better control over what is going on (if I install inkscape, it
drags along a possibly outdated Numpy version, for example), and risk free
updates. And if anything ever goes wrong, it is much easier to nuke (remove
a folder) and start it all over.

/David.