[SciPy-User] Travis, wheels, and scikit-image

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Tue Oct 13 11:43:49 EDT 2015

On Tue, Oct 13, 2015 at 11:14 AM, Fabien <fabien.maussion at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/10/2015 03:00 PM, Ralf Gommers wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Oct 10, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Fabien <fabien.maussion at gmail.com
>> <mailto:fabien.maussion at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     Folks,
>>
>>     I have a project which requires several packages from the scipy
>>     track. I configured travis to use cached wheels in order to reduce
>>     build time. Everything worked fine until I had to add scikit-image
>>     to my dependencies. Here are the relevant parts of my travis config:
>>

>> requirements.txt is fragile. I suggest to use a pre-install shell
>> script. Example:
>>
>> https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/blob/master/tools/travis_before_install.sh
>> called from:
>> https://github.com/scikit-image/scikit-image/blob/master/.travis.yml#L48
>>
>> Ralf
>>

> Thanks Ralf. A bit oversized for my needs but I thinks that it will make
> it.
>
> Anyone has experience with conda on Travis? The solution provided here ((
> http://conda.pydata.org/docs/travis.html)) really seems inefficient since
> all packages have to be downloaded at each build...

statsmodels has been using conda on Travis for a while now. I don't
remember seeing any problems related to downloading, so I never paid
attention to whether we download on each testrun or not.

(Also, we still haven't switched to the new Travis infrastructure. )

In the Travis log, conda reports that it's downloading around 200 MB for
that test run.

Josef