[SciPy-User] Finding Derivatives of a 2D Interpolation Using RectBivariateSpline.__call__

Delaram Ghoreishi delaramq at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 16:21:04 EST 2015

Hi. I need to find partial derivatives of 2d interpolation using
RectBivariateSpline.__call__ from scipy. This is the code that I have so
far:

import numpy as np
from scipy import interpolate
xm = np.arange(-180.,182.,2)  #rank-1 array length 181
ym = np.arange(-180.,182.,2)  #rank-1 array length 181
zm = np.loadtxt('data.dat', dtype = np.double) #rank-2 array length
(181x181)
V = interpolate.RectBivariateSpline(xm, ym, zm, s=0)

this code works fine when I need to know the value of the interpolated
function at a given point, now how should I proceed from here to also find
the derivatives at any specific point.

Thanks a lot for the help.

--
Delaram Ghoreishi