[SciPy-User] Experimental Design with Python

josef.pktd at gmail.com josef.pktd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 11 11:55:51 EDT 2015

On Wed, Mar 11, 2015 at 10:00 AM, Monte Milanuk <memilanuk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alan G Isaac <alan.isaac <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

> > Look at statsmodels and in particular model specification
> using patsy.
> > There is also many LHS variants in Python floating around
> (including in pyDOE).
> >

> Cool.  I hadn't come across patsy before; definitely looks
> interesting with the R-like syntax.
>
> Another one I see mentioned occasionally is openMDAO.

Thanks for the pointer, I haven't seen this before.

> Is there some place that would make sense as a central location
> for info like this, or a tutorial on setting up and analyzing
> experiments from start to finish  using various python tools?

statsmodels would be a good location for DOE related tools and information.
There is nothing specific yet in there (except some power and sample size
calculations), and I don't have an overview for what belongs to DOE and
would be useful.   (It's on the long term wishlist.)

A notebook or a documentation rst page would make a good start.

AFAIK, there is no other general purpose statistics package besides
statsmodels, everything else is topic or domain specific.

Josef