[SciPy-User] Re : Installing scipy on MacOS X

Oleksandr Huziy guziy.sasha at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 20:34:20 EDT 2015

Hi
Sorry for the trivial questions:

Have you activated your virtualenv before using pip?
What is the output of pip list?
Activate tour virtualenv and to install using pip install scipy.

Cheers

15 juin 2015, à 17:13, "Slater Joseph C , PhD, PE" <joseph.slater at wright.edu> a écrit :

> On Jun 15, 2015, at 4:07 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:
> <snip>
>> </snip>
>
> This is trying to use ATLAS, do you have that installed? I'd expect all those source builds to use Accelerate.

I did not install it myself. My understanding from reading the docs is that it would build without is (using Accelerate). Do I have to do something to force it to recognize/use Accelerate? Likely I do, but shouldn't have to from what I understand.

> Can you:
> - give us the full build command you used

python setup.py install

> - put the complete build log in a gist and link to it

First time I've seen gist. Cool!

https://gist.github.com/josephcslater/0930741203fd02dbcc0f#file-scipy-install-log-txt

> - check that ``python -c "import numpy; numpy.test('full')`` passes

Some failures. Log in the https://gist.github.com/josephcslater/0930741203fd02dbcc0f#file-gistfile1-txt

numpy was installed in the virtualenv using pip.
sudo -H  pip3 install numpy matplotlib
no errors resulted from that.

> I've been using Homebrew and gfortran 4.9.1 for a year or so without issues.

I'm now at 5.10 . I've been interchanging variables, blindly (due to lack of knowledge).

Thanks,
Joe