[SciPy-User] Windows 64bits support

Nathaniel Smith njs at pobox.com
Wed Apr 1 16:11:41 EDT 2015

On Apr 1, 2015 12:57 PM, "Sturla Molden" <sturla.molden at gmail.com> wrote:
> Redistribution will for most parties be easier if we use a MinGW-w64 based
> toolchain and OpenBLAS. But a third-party might also object to
redistribute
> GNU libraries (e.g. libgfortran) but be ok with shipping Intel libraries,
> so there is no perfect answer to this.

While I suppose such objections might be raised out of pure prejudice, I'm
not aware of any rational basis for them. The GCC runtime libraries
(including gfortran) have a blanket license exception that says that you
can redistribute gcc-compiled binaries under absolutely any license you
wish:

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gcc-exception-3.1.html

-n