[SciPy-User] Numerical Recipes and scipy

Pauli Virtanen pav at iki.fi
Sat Oct 11 05:36:58 EDT 2014

11.10.2014, 00:01, Peter Parente kirjoitti:
[clip]
> I see that some code was identified and possibly replaced, but there is no
> distinct end to the activity. Does anyone have an understanding they can
> share about where SciPy stands today with respect to NR and its license
> terms?

I am aware of no NR code in Scipy.

References to the book in the documentation are indeed meant to be
educational and do not signify that the algorithms are implemented using
code from the book.

The review in 2008 checked all parts of the code where NR was
referenced, and did not appear to have found any NR code or NR code
translated/obfuscated to Python. Code in one routine was found to have
some similarities in structure and was replaced with a reimplementation.

--
Pauli Virtanen