[SciPy-User] problems building scipy on Yosemite.

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 02:24:27 EST 2014

On 20/11/14 07:39, Matthew Brett wrote:

> Sorry, the point I was trying to make is that the CRAN gfortran builds
> fat binaries (containing both i386 and x86_64), matching the (dual
> arch) Python.org and system Python architectures.

I see. But it is still a very old gfortran.

Modern Fortran code will e.g. use ISO C bindings (Fortran 2003) for
interfacing with C and the IEEE environment (Fortran 2008) for
consistent floating point arithmetics. It would be sad if an old CRAN
gfortran prevents future additions to SciPy from using these rather
essential Fortran tools.

Sturla