[SciPy-User] problems building scipy on Yosemite.

David Cournapeau cournape at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 06:44:24 EST 2014

On Tue, Nov 11, 2014 at 7:29 AM, Andrew Nelson <andyfaff at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear list,
> I've updated to Yosemite (clean install) and am having problems building
> scipy from source (python setup.py build)
>
> The complete build log is at:
> https://gist.github.com/andyfaff/5a433d0585e8dae1dfc2
>
> $gfortran --version
> GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.2.3
> $gcc --version
> Configured with: --prefix=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr
> --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.2.1
> Apple LLVM version 6.0 (clang-600.0.54) (based on LLVM 3.5svn)
> Target: x86_64-apple-darwin14.0.0
> Thread model: posix
> $echo FFLAGS
> -ff2c

I can reproduce the issue on 10.6, where I used to be able to build
numpy/scipy before with the exact same configuration (10.6, gfortran from
ATT, official gcc-4.2 compilers from Apple).

I reduced the issue to be related to 32 bits only, and when built against
numpy 1.9.1. I don't have the issue when building scipy against 1.8.1.

This suggests some incompatibilities in compilation options that have
changed in numpy between 1.8.1 and 1.9.1.

David

P.S: one should not use -ff2c flags.