[SciPy-User] forcing curve fit

Matt Newville newville at cars.uchicago.edu
Fri May 9 15:21:27 EDT 2014

Gabriele,

On Fri, May 9, 2014 at 9:33 AM, Gabriele Brambilla <
gb.gabrielebrambilla at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is it possible to force curve_fit to search the values for the best fit
> parameters in a certain interval of values?
>
> Because I have a fit routine that returns to me a lot of good curves but
> sometimes returns to me a curve with an amplitude that is 100, 1000 times
> smaller!
>
> thanks
>
> Gabriele

You might find the lmfit library (http://lmfit.github.io/lmfit-py) useful.
  This allows one to write least squares problems in terms of Parameter
objects which can have bounds set on their values, be fixed, or have values
written as mathematical expressions of other Parameter values.  The lmfit
library also allows you to switch between minimization algorithms easily,
and also explore confidence intervals in detail.

--Matt

--
--Matt Newville <newville at cars.uchicago.edu> 630-252-0431