[SciPy-User] scipy.linalg.blas before 0.12.0

Sturla Molden sturla.molden at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 06:57:45 EDT 2014

On 25/03/14 07:30, Pauli Virtanen wrote:
> 25.03.2014 05:36, Sturla Molden kirjoitti:
> [clip]
>> However, this is what Apple's documentation says:
>>
>> https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/documentation/Accelerate/Reference/BLAS_Ref/Reference/reference.html#//apple_ref/c/func/SDOT
>
> The prototype with which the function *actually* is callable from C is
>
> 	double SDOT(int *, float *, int *, float *, int *)
>
> See for yourself.

This is what I find in vBLAS.h on my MBP. I am not sure what this is,
but it is not g77 ABI.

Sturla

/*

    Prototypes for FORTRAN BLAS
    ===========================
    These are prototypes for the FORTRAN callable BLAS functions.  They
are implemented in C for
    Mac OS, as thin shims that simply call the C BLAS counterpart. These
routines should never be
    called from C, but need to be included here so they will get output
for the stub library.  It
    won't hurt to call them from C, but who would want to since you
can't pass literals for sizes?
    FORTRAN compilers are typically MPW tools and use PPCLink, so they
will link with the official
    vecLib stub from Apple.

*/
/*
  *  SDOT()
  *
  *  Availability:
  *    Mac OS X:         in version 10.0 and later in vecLib.framework
  *    CarbonLib:        not in Carbon, but vecLib is compatible with
CarbonLib
  *    Non-Carbon CFM:   in vecLib 1.0.2 and later
  */
extern float
SDOT(
   const int *    /* N */,
   const float *  /* X */,
   const int *    /* incX */,
   const float *  /* Y */,
   const int *    /* incY */) AVAILABLE_MAC_OS_X_VERSION_10_0_AND_LATER;