[SciPy-User] [ANN] Submissions open for Python symposium at AMS2015

Jonathan Rocher jonathanrocher at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 14:58:53 EDT 2014

[Sorry for cross-posts]

Dear all,

Abstract submission has been open for the Fifth Symposium on *Modeling and
Analysis Using Python* at the American Meteorological Society annual
meeting in Phoenix, AZ, January 3-8, 2015. We are soliciting papers related
to all areas of the use of Python in the atmospheric and oceanic
sciences. The call for papers and link to submit an abstract is located at:

http://annual.ametsoc.org/2015/index.cfm/programs-and-events/conferences-and-symposia/fifth-symposium-on-advances-in-modeling-and-analysis-using-python/

The abstract submission deadline is coming up quickly: *August 1st*.

We encourage students to submit papers. There is a prize for the best
paper.  Information is here
<http://annual.ametsoc.org/2015/index.cfm/programs-and-events/conferences-and-symposia/fifth-symposium-on-advances-in-modeling-and-analysis-using-python/best-student-paper-prize-at-the-2015-ams-python-symposium-flyer/>.
The
abstract deadline for students is later, August 21.

The conference will be preceded by three or four 2-days of tutorials,
called "short courses". They will cover a wide range of topics relevant to
scientific analysis and modeling in Python for beginners and more advanced
programmers (HPC). They will be announced shortly at:
http://annual.ametsoc.org/2015/index.cfm/programs-and-events/short-courses/
(Last year's short courses are listed here
<http://annual.ametsoc.org/2014/index.cfm/programs-and-events/short-courses/>
and
this year's offering will be a superset of what we offered last year.)

Please pass along this announcement to your friends and colleagues!  Thanks!

Regards,
Jonathan

--
Jonathan Rocher