[SciPy-User] Linking problems MKL + numpy 1.8.1 + scipy 0.14.0

Paul Mayer equilibrium87 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 19 13:03:49 EDT 2014

Dear Scipy-Users,

I am running into problems trying to get scipy running on a machine
that uses ICC (composer xe 2013 sp1.3.174 suite).
As for my site.cfg, I followed this tutorial:
https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/numpyscipy-with-intel-mkl?language=es
and further have AMD / UMFPACK / FFTW installed.
Unfortunately, my Intel suite does not come with ifort, so I am stuck
with gfortran for compiling scipy. The numpy build
works just fine, passes all the tests and shows the correct configuration.
scipy however does not pass the tests, because I get several cases of:

* ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/scipy/linalg/_fblas.so:
undefined symbol: _intel_fast_memcpy
* ImportError: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/scipy/special/_ufuncs.so:
undefined symbol: __libm_sse2_sincos

I am quite sure this is due to me not using ifort but gfortran. Could
anyone maybe provide some pointers on how to fix that?
I am happy to provide more information, however am not sure what
exactly would be required.

Thanks & Kind Regards,
Paul