[SciPy-User] 3-D edge detection

Angus McMorland a.mcmorland at auckland.ac.nz
Fri Jul 4 00:13:47 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I'm in need of 3-D edge detection, and I haven't found anything suitable in
scipy, skimage or OpenCV or general web searching. Skimage and OpenCV both
have implementations of the Canny algorithm, but only for 2-D images.

Canny has been written in 3-D in MATLAB [1], which I've tested and works
well for my images, and I'm wondering if anyone has already done the work
of implementing this or an equivalent in Python.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Angus

[1]
http://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/45459-canny-edge-detection-in-2-d-and-3-d
--
AJC McMorland
Lecturer in Computational Movement Science