[SciPy-User] Beltrami flow (Laplace-Beltrami operator)

klo uo klonuo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 26 20:22:33 EST 2014

Colin,

thanks for your help. I cloned your project, build the package and
browsed thru it, but I'm not sure if I can handle it.

I'm following pattern recognition method, where Beltrami flow is
suggested as a step in image preprocessing. I read a bit about it, but
it seemed too advanced for me to make that concept in Python code
right now, so I searched around for implementation expecting a
straightforward function in a manner of Gaussian filter or similar.
It looks like your project works on mesh surface object, and the
interface plays nice with PLY 3D format. So I'll need to somehow
translate my image into mesh surface? Or maybe your project is meant
for different type of problem?

Thanks,
Klo