[SciPy-User] SciPy-User Digest, Vol 136, Issue 2

Relja Ljubobratovic relja.ljubobratovic at 3lateral.com
Thu Dec 4 04:38:20 EST 2014

> The first thing I would look at is ensureing all the .lib/.obj linked
> together in the failed linking step are at the same architecture. It seems
> that you are using the correct ifort and cl compilers, but you never know.

 Thank you, David, for providing these informations and advices.

I did thorough inspection of all libraries and objects that are involved in
failed linking and it seems that they are all compiled using same
architecture setup (x64). Although I found that missing symbols needed for
linking of object files dct.obj and dst.obj. What troubles me now, is that
these external symbols used here, are named with the underscore (e.g.
dsinqb_), but those symbols are present in fftpack.lib as without the
underscore. This is my first encounter with fortran compilation, so I'm
unsure of this, but I've read that fortran functions that are wrapped to c,
receive the following underscore (like lapacke functions, but I'm only
guessing). Is it possible that some sort of name mangling is needed for
compilation or linking of those objects?