[SciPy-User] [ANN] CFP: SciPy India 2013: Dec 13 - 15, IIT Bombay

Subhabrata Banerjee subhabangalore at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 22:28:09 EDT 2013

Dear Sir,
I have few questions.

I use Numpy and Scipy for my work, but now if I have to consider writing a
paper, it would be an interesting aspect.

My questions are,

(i) If I can get any paper on Scipy implementation, it may help me to
write. I implement Python but never thought writing paper on
implementation. What I can think of any problem like eigenvalue etc how I
used Scipy. But that is two/three lines, how to write paper, bit confused?
Are you looking for describing eigenvalue how it calculates, how scipy
implements, the algorithm, pseudocode, my input with Scipy and results? But
won't that be a paper on eigenvalue? Please let me know.

(ii) I stay in Delhi. If I reach to IIT Bombay how would you arrange the
accomodation?

Regards,
Subhabrata Banerjee.

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 10:22 PM, Prabhu Ramachandran <
prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> [Apologies for the cross posting!]
>
> The CFP and registration for SciPy India 2013 (http://scipy.in) is open.
>   SciPy India 2013 will be held in IIT Bombay between December 13th to
> December 15th, 2013.
>
> Please spread the word!
>
> SciPy India is an annual conference on using Python for science and
> engineering research and education. The conference is currently in its
> fifth year and provides an opportunity to learn and implement Python in
> education and research.
>

> Call for Papers
> ================
>
> We look forward to your submissions on the use of Python for
> scientific computing and education. This includes pedagogy,
> exploration, modeling and analysis from both applied and
> developmental perspectives. We welcome contributions from academia
> as well as industry.
>
> For details on the paper submission please see here:
>
>   http://scipy.in/2013/call-for-proposals/
>
> Important Dates
>
>    - Call for proposals end: 24th November 2013
>    - List of accepted proposals will be published: 1st December 2013.
>

> We look forward to seeing you at SciPy India.
>
> Regards,
> Prabhu Ramachandran and Jarrod Millman

*Sree Subhabrata Banerjee*
*PDF(2007-2010)[IISc, Bangalore]*