[SciPy-User] How to install scipy in virtualenv+python3+unbuntu12.04?

zzzhhh zhou_heng at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 20 17:15:16 EST 2013

Thomas Kluyver <takowl <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 20 November 2013 03:39, Evgeni Burovski <evgeny.burovskiy <at>
gmail.com> wrote:An easy trick is to first install it system-wide using apt-
get to satisfy non-python dependencies, then install it manually in
virtualenv, run the test suite to make sure it works all right. After that
apt-get remove packages installed in step one.

> You probably want to 'apt-get build-dep python3-scipy', rather than
simply installing it. That will install the packages required to compile
it, whereas installing it will only get runtime dependencies.

> Thomas

Thank you, but, after excuting the following commands (in order) in
virtualenv:

sudo apt-get install python3-scipy
sudo apt-get build-dep python3-scipy
sudo pip install scipy

, I did successfully installed scipy because I was told "Successfully
installed scipy". But in python3, when I input "import scipy", an error
says "ImportError: No module named scipy". Could you please tell me if I
missed something? Should I apt-get remove the global package? Thanks a lot!

Heng