[SciPy-User] Range keyword in binned_statistics does not work

Daπid davidmenhur at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 09:50:01 EST 2013

On 14 November 2013 14:18, <josef.pktd at gmail.com> wrote:

> from the code it looks like `range` need to be a list (or iterable) of
> tuples, with length equal to the number of dimensions
>
> range = [(3, 7)]

Then binned_statistics (the 1D version) should do that transformation for
you. This may break some code, but given that no one has reported the
documentation mistaken in two versions, I wonder how many people are
actually using range argument.

Should we just change the docstring? range=[[xmin, xmax]] looks absurdly
verbose to me.

/David.