[SciPy-User] ftol and xtol

pfeldman Phillip.M.Feldman at gmail.com
Thu Jun 27 20:33:00 EDT 2013

I am using the latest released version of SciPy, and I agree that the
interfaces are much improved.  The termination conditions for the
optimizers is an area where the interfaces are still far from uniform.  To
allow termination conditions to be specified in a uniform fashion without
breaking backwards compatibility, one would probably have to support two
interfaces.

Phillip