[SciPy-User] peer review of scientific software

Suzen, Mehmet msuzen at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 02:00:58 EDT 2013

On 6 June 2013 00:08, Nathaniel Smith <njs at pobox.com> wrote:
> time tracing through stuff in a debugger. If you want to *know* your
> code is correct, this kind of thorough testing is just a necessary
> (not sufficient!) condition. (Building on libraries that have large
> user bases is also very helpful!)

Good point. I don't think a standard user of a well established API
should do unit testing or something similar on the library; except
maybe running 'intall test'. After usage, correctness of outputs has
to be checked
against the overall science behind the code i.e. functional testing. Healthy
scepticism is good, more of it would constitute paranoia.

-m