[SciPy-User] scipy can't find a LAPACK routine

Cable, Sam B Civ USAF AFMC AFRL/RVBXI Sam.Cable at kirtland.af.mil
Tue Jan 22 11:39:23 EST 2013

Hope I'm not making a pest out of myself by reposting this, guys, but
I'm getting kind of desperate.  Am trying to install scipy.  It can't
find an object that is supposed to be in LAPACK:

ImportError: .../flapack.so : undefined symbol: sgges_

I have followed the FAQ instructions, building ATLAS with the option for
the full LAPACK build.  I have also found a pre-compiled LAPACK binary
and just dropped it in place.  Nothing changes the outcome.

Running "nm" on liblapack.a shows that it contains sgges_, no doubt
about it.  And "system_info.py" finds liblapack.a in /usr/local/lib just
fine.  So I don't know what the problem is.

Can anyone tell me if this is critical, and what else might be done?

BTW, I am running python 2.7 on CentOS 5.x and my FORTRAN compiler is
gfortran.

Thanks.