[SciPy-User] Fwd: scipy.test() fails for 0.11.0 on OS X 10.8.2

Will terribleangel at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 14:36:01 EST 2013

David Cournapeau <cournape <at> gmail.com> writes:

> You can't install the official scipy binaries on top of homebrew
> python, only on top of the *binary* python installer on python.org
>
> David

I looked up the install location (/Library/Frameworks) of the binary python
installer from python.org and put a symbolic link in there to the homebrew
python directory (/usr/bin/Cellar/python/2.7.3/Frameworks/Python.framework).
After that I was able to run the scipy binary
(scipy-0.11.0-py2.7-python.org-macosx10.6.dmg).  I ran scipy.test('full')
with this scipy and got basically the same results as when I installed scipy
0.11.0 from source with "python setup.py install" (in both cases, the final line
was: FAILED (KNOWNFAIL=15, SKIP=43, errors=1, failures=73)).  Is that result
surprising?  I am using numpy 1.6.2 which I installed from source and which
completes its tests without failure.