[SciPy-User] _dop.error: failed in processing argument list for call-back fcn.

Warren Weckesser warren.weckesser at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 23:57:42 EST 2013

On 2/26/13, SHIHUI GUO <sguo at bournemouth.ac.uk> wrote:
> Hi Warren,
>
> Thanks for this. The major issue is that I declared the "param" in function
> definition, but didn't pass that when calling.
>
> Another question, when we do:
> ==========================
> while test.successful() and test.t<t1:
>         test.integrate(test.t+dt)
> ==========================
> the result is returned after each time step. Is there any default way I
> could specify the time span and get the result over the whole time span,
> instead of individual integrative step?

Yes, in fact, that is what it is doing, but the loop is set up to get
a value every `dt` time units.  If you want just the final value,
eliminate the loop, and just give the final time as the argument to
test.integrate.

For example, the following computes the solution to dy/dt = -y with
y(0) = 1 at time t=10:

-----
In [34]: def func(t, y):
   ....:     return -y
   ....:

In [35]: solver = ode(f=func)

In [36]: solver.set_integrator("lsoda")
Out[36]: <scipy.integrate._ode.ode at 0x2b59350>

In [37]: solver.set_initial_value(1.0)
Out[37]: <scipy.integrate._ode.ode at 0x2b59350>

In [38]: result = solver.integrate(10.0)   # Get the solution at t=10.

In [39]: result
Out[39]: array([  4.53998024e-05])

In [40]: np.exp(-10)
Out[40]: 4.5399929762484854e-05