[SciPy-User] ANN: SciPy 0.12.0 release

Sebastian Bassi sbassi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 18:09:16 EDT 2013

Hello,

I tried to install it on Ubuntu 10.04.1 64bits and I got:

(...)
Wrote C/API module "_flapack" to file
"build/src.linux-x86_64-2.7/build/src.linux-x86_64-2.7/scipy/linalg/_flapackmodule.c"
Fortran 77 wrappers are saved to
"build/src.linux-x86_64-2.7/build/src.linux-x86_64-2.7/scipy/linalg/_flapack-f2pywrappers.f"
  adding 'build/src.linux-x86_64-2.7/fortranobject.c' to sources.
  adding 'build/src.linux-x86_64-2.7' to include_dirs.
  adding 'build/src.linux-x86_64-2.7/build/src.linux-x86_64-2.7/scipy/linalg/_flapack-f2pywrappers.f'
to sources.
building extension "scipy.linalg._cblas" sources
from_template:> build/src.linux-x86_64-2.7/cblas.pyf
error: cblas.pyf.src: No such file or directory

I have Numpy:

ubuntu at ip-10-174-23-251:~/bioinfo/scipy-0.12.0$ python
Python 2.7.3 (default, Aug  1 2012, 05:14:39)
[GCC 4.6.3] on linux2
>>> import numpy
>>> numpy.version.version
'1.7.1'

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 5:09 PM, Ralf Gommers <ralf.gommers at gmail.com> wrote:
> We are pleased to announce the availability of SciPy 0.12.0. This release
> has some cool new features (see highlights below) and a large amount of bug
> fixes and maintenance work under the hood. The number of contributors also
> keeps rising steadily - 75 people contributed patches to this release. We
> hope to see this trend continue.
>
> Some of the highlights of this release are:
>
>   - Completed QHull wrappers in scipy.spatial.
>   - cKDTree now a drop-in replacement for KDTree.
>   - A new global optimizer, basinhopping.
>   - Support for Python 2 and Python 3 from the same code base (no more
> 2to3).
>
> This release requires Python 2.6, 2.7 or 3.1-3.3 and NumPy 1.5.1 or greater.
> Support for Python 2.4 and 2.5 has been dropped as of this release.
>
> Sources and binaries can be found at
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/scipy/files/scipy/0.12.0/, release notes are
> copied below.
>
> Enjoy,
> The SciPy developers
>

> ==========================
> SciPy 0.12.0 Release Notes
> ==========================
>
> SciPy 0.12.0 is the culmination of 7 months of hard work. It contains
> many new features, numerous bug-fixes, improved test coverage and
> better documentation.  There have been a number of deprecations and
> API changes in this release, which are documented below.  All users
> are encouraged to upgrade to this release, as there are a large number
> of bug-fixes and optimizations.  Moreover, our development attention
> will now shift to bug-fix releases on the 0.12.x branch, and on adding
> new features on the master branch.
>
> Some of the highlights of this release are:
>
>   - Completed QHull wrappers in scipy.spatial.
>   - cKDTree now a drop-in replacement for KDTree.
>   - A new global optimizer, basinhopping.
>   - Support for Python 2 and Python 3 from the same code base (no more
> 2to3).
>
> This release requires Python 2.6, 2.7 or 3.1-3.3 and NumPy 1.5.1 or greater.
> Support for Python 2.4 and 2.5 has been dropped as of this release.
>

> New features
> ============
>
> ``scipy.spatial`` improvements
> ------------------------------
>
> cKDTree feature-complete
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> Cython version of KDTree, cKDTree, is now feature-complete.  Most operations
> (construction, query, query_ball_point, query_pairs, count_neighbors and
> sparse_distance_matrix) are between 200 and 1000 times faster in cKDTree
> than
> in KDTree.  With very minor caveats, cKDTree has exactly the same interface
> as
> KDTree, and can be used as a drop-in replacement.
>
> Voronoi diagrams and convex hulls
> ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> `scipy.spatial` now contains functionality for computing Voronoi
> diagrams and convex hulls using the Qhull library. (Delaunay
> [...]

Curso de Python en un día: http://bit.ly/cursopython

Non standard disclaimer: READ CAREFULLY. By reading this email,
you agree, on behalf of your employer, to release me from all
obligations and waivers arising from any and all NON-NEGOTIATED
agreements, licenses, terms-of-service, shrinkwrap, clickwrap,
browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure, non-compete and
acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have
entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and
assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release
me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.
Google ads remover words: suicide, murder