[SciPy-User] SciPy ecosystem

David Baddeley david_baddeley at yahoo.com.au
Sun Sep 9 17:40:44 EDT 2012

As has been mentioned previously, the ecosystem is a fairly vague concept - an ad-hoc definition could however be that if a package uses/knows about numpy ndarrays or imports numpy, then it's part of the greater scipy ecosystem. That is not to say that all such packages should be included in a scipy/pylab distribution standard. It would be an interesting project to try and automatically scrape pipi looking for numpy imports, and to build a list of such packages.

cheers,
David